Well done on deciding to participate in the Weet-Bix TRYathlon!
Here are some top tips to prepare for Race day from ASICS ambassadors Joel Selwood and Israel Folau:
Find the shoe for you on the ASICS website.
Win an ASICS Event Day Prize Pack*
Simply check-in to your event for your chance to win an ASICS Prize Pack. Each pack contains ASICS Backpack, an ASICS Unisex Visor and an ASICS Running MP3/iPod Pocket and is valued at $110.00 each.
Finding the right shoe for you
Joel Selwood’s tips for choosing a running shoe:
- Make sure the shoes fit well – they shouldn’t be too tight or too loose, they should give your feet the perfect hug.
- Get the correct support your feet need – does your foot roll inward or outward when running? To find out make sure you are fitted by a sales assistant and have your foot checked. Getting the right support will help you protect your feet and stay safe when enjoying your run.
- Make sure they are comfortable – really concentrate on how your feet feel before you buy them. Is your toe pushing up against the shoe, or your heel rubbing at the back? You want to make sure you are comfortable, so you can relax and enjoy your TRYathlon.
“As an ASICS Ambassador and Geelong Cats Captain, I want to share some running tips with you on behalf of myself and my friend Isreal Foleu. I hope you can use these tips to educate your child and encourage them to give physical activity a TRY.”
Geelong Cats Captain
Israel’s top race tips
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after the race.
- Pace yourself. Don’t run too fast at the start or you might get a stitch.
- If you do get a ‘stitch’, slow down or walk for a bit, take long breaths, and place a hand on the area that is sore.
- Have a positive mind set – there may be points in the race when you feel its too hard, prepare yourself with positive thoughts and self-talk to help you get through it. For example: “I am, I can, I will” and “breathe, believe, achieve”.
- Try to buddy up for the race and help keep each other going.
- Most of all – enjoy the moment and have FUN!
“Hi I’m Israel Folau, Australian Wallabies player and ASICS Ambassador, and I have some great tips from ASICS to help you prepare for the Kids TRYathlon.”
Australian Wallabies player
Want it more
Watch TJ enjoy his passion for some inspiration to MOVE. #IMOVEME