2020 Entry Policies
SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON ENTRY WAIVER
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- In consideration of allowing my child (Child) to participate in the nominated event forming part of the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon 2020 Series on the dates shown and at the locations shown in TABLE 1 below (the Event), I acknowledge that on my own behalf and on behalf of the Child participating in the Event that my Child will participate in the Event on these terms and conditions. If I do not consent to these terms and conditions, I will not enter, or register my Child for any Event in the Series.
|Event Location||Event Date|
|Sydney||Sunday 2nd February 2020
|Canberra||Sunday 9th February 2020|
|Central Coast||Sunday 16th February 2020|
|Camden||Sunday 1st March 2020|
|Melbourne||Sunday 8th March 2020|
|Perth||Sunday 22nd March 2020|
|Adelaide||Sunday 5th April 2020|
|Gold Coast||Sunday 3rd May 2020|
|Brisbane||Sunday 17th May 2020|
|Townsville||Sunday 5th July 2020|
- I acknowledge and agree that my Child will be between the ages of 7 and 15 years (as at the date of the relevant Event) when entered in any category excluding Splash&Dash or between the ages of 6 and 15 when entered in the Splash&Dash category.
- I represent, warrant and agree with the Australian Health and Nutrition Association Limited trading as Sanitarium Health Food Company (ABN 63 096 452 872) (Sanitarium) that:
- I have voluntarily elected to, and requested Sanitarium to allow my Child to participate in the Event. I acknowledge that the Event involves participation in a sporting activity, leisure time pursuit or another activity involving physical exertion and is undertaken for the purpose of recreation, enjoyment and/or leisure. I understand that there are inherent risks, hazards and dangers associated with my Child’s participation in the Event, and that my Child may suffer serious injury, or even death, as well as property loss or damage as a result of my Child’s participation in the Event, including as a result of (among other things) over exertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other participants, spectators or road users, course or weather conditions and/or other causes;
- I freely and voluntarily assume all risks associated with my Child participating in the Event and acknowledge that my Child’s participation is entirely at their, and my, own risk and that I may withdraw my Child from the Event at any time (as contemplated by the terms and conditions); and
- My Child is physically and medically fit and has trained sufficiently to participate in the Event. I am not aware of any medical condition, impairment, disease, illness or other reason why my Child should not participate in the Event.
- I understand that my Child should not participate in the Event unless they have prepared appropriately and I have declared all medical conditions known to me or my Child in respect of my Child and I am not aware of any medical condition, impairment, disease, illness or other reason why my Child should not participate in the Event.
Loss or Damage
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I indemnify and will keep indemnified Sanitarium and each of their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, promoters, independent contractors and agents (Sanitarium Parties) against all costs, losses or damages however caused, arising from or in relation to my Child’s participation in the Event.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I release the Sanitarium Parties from, and the Sanitarium Parties exclude all liability (including in relation to any warranty or guarantee) arising from, any loss or damage suffered by me and/or my Child in connection with the Event, including in respect of any death, physical or mental injury (including aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury), contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease or coming into existence, aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition or occurrence that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to me and/or my Child arising from the Event not being supplied with due care and skill or not being reasonably fit for purpose or for any breaches or failure of any consumer guarantees under Federal or State law in the form of Schedule 2 to the Event and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (the Australian Consumer Law), or due to negligence by Sanitarium or any of the Sanitarium Parties or for breach of contract.
- I acknowledge that this is a risk warning as applicable under the Civil Liability Act 2002 (WA), Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW), Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), Civil Liability Act 2003 (QLD), Fair Trading Act 1987 (SA), Civil Law (Wrongs) Act 2002 (ACT) and Civil Liability Act 2002 (TAS) (the State Consumer Laws) and any other applicable law including the Australian Consumer Law.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Sanitarium Parties’ liability to me and my Child for a breach of any non-excludable guarantee is limited to a refund for any registration fees paid to Sanitarium in connection with my Child’s entry into the Event.
- Nothing in this document excludes, limits or modifies the application of the Australian Consumer Law or any State Consumer Laws, or the exercise of any rights or remedies conferred by the Australian Consumer Law or applicable State Consumer Laws where to do so would contravene the Australian Consumer Law or the applicable State Consumer Law.
- I consent to my Child receiving, and to pay for, any medical treatment (including without limitation, ambulance transportation and paramedic treatment at the Event) which is considered by Sanitarium, to be advisable or deemed reasonable before, during or after the Event. I indemnify and will keep indemnified Sanitarium for all costs associated with this medical treatment.
- Safety precautions undertaken by Sanitarium (such as course supervision, participation safety briefings, and bicycle safety checks) are a service to my Child and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety. I acknowledge and accept that while Sanitarium takes reasonable precautions to supervise my Child during their attendance at the Event, I am ultimately responsible for their supervision and agree to attend the Event to ensure appropriate supervision is provided.
Purchase of Images
- I acknowledge that I also have the option to purchase images of my Child and agree to the following terms and conditions, which will apply if I select and pay for the digital photo pack during registering my Child for the Event: (a) I understand that the digital images will not be provided as printed photographs, and will be provided as downloadable digital images; (b) I understand that all images are full resolution electronic downloadable images only of approximately 1 megabyte; (c) I understand that photographers are positioned at the swim, ride, run and medal location, however images at each location cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, I understand that I may not receive an image of my Child at all locations; (d) I understand that my Child must wear their identification number in a clear and prominent fashion before, during and after the event to enable the best chance of photographing my Child; (e) I understand that I will receive instructions to set up an account, which I must create and in order to receive my Child’s digital images I must follow the directions and redeem the images online within 3 months of the event date; (f) I understand that Sanitarium and Supersport Images are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected correspondence and that I must contact Supersport Images within 2 weeks of the applicable Event if I have not received the email containing my user name and password to access the images; (g) I acknowledge that the images of my Child may contain other participants; and (h) I acknowledge that the pre-order fee for the Digital Photo Superpack is $18.90 (including GST) (Photo Fee) for Australian events.
- I acknowledge and agree that I have given permission to pay for the Photo Fee (if exercising my option to purchase images) via my credit card (if paying via credit card) and take full responsibility for such payment.
- I acknowledge and understand that when using an applicable discount code, it must be entered in the ‘Discount Code’ field when completing an online registration or in the space provided on any hard copy registration form. I acknowledge and understand that discount codes are limited to the use of one code per transaction. I acknowledge and understand that using a discount code does not guarantee entry into any Event and registration details that include a discount code must be submitted prior to the online registration closing date or before the event sells out. I acknowledge and understand that all un-submitted discount codes expire at 9am on the morning of each event.
Participation in the Event
- I acknowledge and agree that if I enter my Child as part of a team of two (a), then my Child will complete the Event Course with another child, undertaking at least one of either the swim or the cycle stages and the run stage to finish with the other team member; (b) I must pay the registration fee for my own Child; (c) and Sanitarium is not responsible should a parent or guardian of a team member fail to pay or agree to these conditions, and therefore their Child is unable to participate in the Event. I acknowledge that if one stage of the Event Course my child was entered to complete is cancelled for safety reasons, then my Child may be requested to repeat a stage for which they are entered that remains safely open on the day of the Event.
- I agree to, and will procure that my Child obeys and accepts the Event rules (refer https://tryathlon.com.au/event-policies/) and any other instructions issued by Sanitarium at any time and acknowledge that my Child must satisfy any eligibility criteria determined by Sanitarium in relation to the Event. I accept that the winner of the Event will be determined by Sanitarium acting in their sole and absolute discretion and that no reasons are required to be provided for Sanitarium’s determination.
- I agree not to and procure that my Child does not do anything which may adversely affect, prejudice or bring into disrepute the reputation of Sanitarium or any venue from which the Event is operated.
- I acknowledge that my Child’s participation in the Event is at the sole discretion of Sanitarium and accept that Sanitarium may cancel or postpone the Event or may remove me and/or my Child from the venue immediately at any stage if any of us fail to comply with the terms of this release and waiver or otherwise, and I will not be entitled to any refund in relation to any amounts paid by us to participate in the Event or attend the venue.
- My Child’s registration is not transferable to any other person. I accept that if my Child’s entry form and payment is not received by Sanitarium by the relevant and stated online registration closing date for the Event, my Child may not be able to participate in any of the events in the Event. If Sanitarium chooses to accept late entries for any reason, the Late Registration Price as stated on the entry form will apply per individual or family entry (as applicable).
- I understand that my Child’s entry fee for the Event may be refunded if the event is cancelled due to war, state of emergency, disaster, flood, torrential rain or other ‘ACT OF GOD’, or for any other health and safety reason, as determined by Sanitarium.
- I acknowledge and agree that if I or my Child wish to cancel their already completed registration for the Event, after the relevant stated online registration closing date, for any reason whatsoever, then no part of the entry fee paid for my Child will be refunded. If however my Child’s registration is cancelled prior to the registration closing date, then any entry fee paid at that time (less a $10 cancellation fee) will be refunded. Kit delivery, merchandise and photo orders will be refunded if orders have not been sent to fulfilment contractors.
- I acknowledge and agree as part of the registration process to provide my telephone number, an emergency contact number and information about my child’s medical, physical, dietary conditions and/or allergies from which my Child suffers and that might affect their performance, or be relevant if medical treatment is needed, or if drinks or food are provided. I acknowledge and agree that this information and my Child’s first name can appear on my Child’s registration bib number sticker, which they will be required to wear during the Event.
- While Sanitarium will use all reasonable efforts to ensure the Event is conducted as advertised, I acknowledge that by reason of circumstances beyond the control of the event organisers, it may become necessary or desirable to change the form of the Event and if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every one of the conditions set out herein shall apply to that changed event.
(a) to Sanitarium using my Child’s personal details including first name, and also image and photograph before, during or after the Event, for promotional, marketing, broadcasting, reporting or surveying purposes in any media worldwide, including but not limited to, for the purpose of promoting Sanitarium’s current and future events held in Australia and New Zealand; and
(b) to Super Sports Images including my Child’s photograph and details on their website.
From time to time Sanitarium may also contact me to provide me with information about other products and services offered by Sanitarium, or other service providers who have a relationship with Sanitarium, that Sanitarium considers may be of interest to my Child and/or me. When Sanitarium contacts me, it may be via mail, phone, facsimile, email and/or SMS.
- I further acknowledge and agree that by submitting an application for my Child to participate in the Event, my Child will also receive free entry into the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Promotion (Promotion), which includes an Event Day Prize Draw, the terms and conditions of which are set out here https://tryathlon.com.au/event-policies/#swkt-event-draw .If I do not want my Child to receive entry into the Promotion, I can opt out by contacting email@example.com to make this arrangement.
- I represent and warrant that I am a parent or legal guardian of my Child have the authority to bind myself and my Child to the terms and conditions set out in this document.
- For further information, please refer to https://tryathlon.com.au/event-policies/
WARNING UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND FAIR TRADING ACT (VIC) 2012
WARNING: If you or your Child participates in the Series your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic) if you or your child are killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in or on this notice.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in or on this notice, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012.
Wet Weather and Cancellation Policy
Sanitarium always strives to ensure that events are delivered as planned and communicated. However, with reference to the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Health and Safety plan, Sanitarium reserves the right to alter/cancel any event should circumstances require following reference to Health & Safety standards and other important considerations.
Every effort will be made for those registered to participate in a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event as communicated. In exceptional circumstances (e.g. for Health & Safety reasons) the event structure may be changed to one of the following formats:
- Duathlon (Run, Bike, Run)
- Aquathon (Swim, Run)
- Fun Run Event (Run only)
Alteration/cancellation of a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event will be determined by Sanitarium and its core operations team on the morning of the event (or in extreme circumstances prior to the event date) and as circumstances change.
Should Sanitarium deem it necessary to modify the course/event or cancel any of the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon events, the following action will be taken:
- Any change to an event will be communicated to all present via the Event Director over the Public Address System.
- Regular communication of any changes will be provided via the Public Address system.
- Any cancellation details will be sent out via text message to the nominated person who listed their details on the registration form of the participant.
In the circumstances of a full cancellation, details will be sent out via text message to the nominated person as soon as possible.
In the circumstances of a full cancellation prior to the event date participants will also receive notification via email to the address supplied during registrations.
In the event of a complete cancellation of a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event, a FULL refund will apply (please see Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Refund Policy).
Cancellation/alteration of event
- Refunds will be issued upon a FULL cancellation of a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event.
- Upon the FULL cancellation of an event, Sanitarium will refund all registered participants to the credit card from which the registration fee was deducted. Refunds will take place within 2 weeks of the cancelled event date.
- If the credit card is no longer available, a refund will be made by cheque or direct deposit to the registered participants nominated bank account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make this arrangement.
Cancellation by participants
- Cancellation of registration by participants will incur a $10 cancellation fee provided that the cancellation is requested by email to email@example.com prior to the published event closing date.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations after the published event online Regular registration closing date.
- Kit delivery, merchandise and photo orders will be refunded if orders have not been sent to fulfilment contractors.
- Online Registration Closing Dates are:
|Event Location||Online Regular Registration Closing Date|
|Sydney||Wednesday 29th January 2020
|Canberra||Wednesday 5th February 2020|
|Central Coast||Wednesday 12th February 2020|
|Camden||Wednesday 26th February 2020|
|Melbourne||Wednesday 4th March 2020|
|Perth||Wednesday 18th March 2020|
|Adelaide||Wednesday 1st April 2020|
|Gold Coast||Wednesday 29th April 2020|
|Brisbane||Wednesday 13th May 2020|
|Townsville||Wednesday 1st July 2020|
Transition Area Policy
- Following Check In on event day one registered child and one accompanying adult may enter the Transition Area to place the participant’s bike and necessary clothing. The Transition Area is then closed to all except participants and official HELP TEAM Marshalls and officials.
- Transition Area constitutes part of the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon course, and as such, only children participating on the course at the time are permitted to enter. HELP TEAM Marshals will be unable to make exceptions to this.
- Access to equipment in the Transition Area will not be permitted until the Event Director advises and after the last person in your age group bracket has completed the TRYathlon. This will be announced on the day by the MC over the PA system. Age group brackets are:
Older age group bracket (11-15 year olds) Younger age group bracket (7-10 year olds) Please note when larger numbers are registered there may be a third age group bracket added on the day. This will be at the discretion of the Event Director.
- This policy is in place for the safety of all participants and event staff.
Lost Property Policy
- Sanitarium takes no responsibility for any property lost at our Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon events.
- Sanitarium advise our crew and patrons to direct any items found to the Information/Meeting Point tent.
- Those patrons who have lost property can check with the Information/Meeting Point Tent during the event to see if it has turned up.
- At the conclusion of each event all lost property is collected, sorted and listed by the Sanitarium Event Management Team. Any items that can be identified by name, participant number or telephone number are initially separated and the participant is contacted to collect the item.
- All remaining items are packed, labelled, sealed and placed in storage in our Event Containers.
- The list of any remaining items is emailed to the Customer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not recover a lost item on event day, please email email@example.com as soon as possible afterwards with a description of the item you may have lost and Customer Services Team will let you know if this item was collected at the event.
- Items that are not claimed within a three month period after the event shall be disposed of.
Event Timing Policy
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon events are subject to variations in weather and the event course on event day. These conditions, as well as the speed with which participants complete the course, impact the length of our event.
- In all instances where timing information is provided, this is approximate. Sanitarium takes no responsibility for any losses incurred by patrons due to events running overtime.
Fair Play Policy
- The Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon is about participation and Fair Play. Participants are expected to abide by the principles of Fair Play; respect for the rules, courtesy, just and equitable treatment for all participants, spectators and event volunteers alike.
- We also encourage all spectators present on the day to encourage and cheer for all participants present, and to equally abide by the principles of Fair Play. Thank you for your support.
Australian Health and Nutrition Association Limited trading as Sanitarium Health Food Company (ABN 63 096 452 872) (Sanitarium) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which we will collect, use, manage and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles and the privacy laws.
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Sanitarium may collect personal information from you, including but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, mobile number and email address. Sanitarium may also collect personal information about your child including their name, date of birth, gender (where provided), medical information, images, photographs and audio and visual recordings.
If you do not provide your personal information or the personal information of your child to Sanitarium, then your child may not be able to participate in the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon 2019/20 Series (Event) and we may not be able to provide you with the products and services that you have requested.
- How Do We Collect Personal Information?
Sanitarium may collect your personal information and the personal information of your child in a number of ways including through registration forms, correspondence (written and verbal), competition entries, and while your child is participating in the Event (for example, images and photographs).
Sanitarium may collect your personal information and your child’s personal information directly from you. Sanitarium may also collect your personal information and your child’s personal information from third parties which assist Sanitarium to carry out its functions and activities such as Register Now Pty Ltd (Register Now) which assists to process registrations for the Event, the purchase of any merchandise sold by Sanitarium online and the payment of any donations online in relation to the Event or a charity for which Sanitarium collects funds.
- For What Purposes Do We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information?
In general, Sanitarium collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- to register your child for, conduct, develop and improve the Event;
- to provide any merchandise which you have purchased from Sanitarium;
- to process any donations made by you in relation to the Event or a charity which Sanitarium collects funds for;
- to market and promote Sanitarium, its events and Sanitarium event sponsor information;
- to manage our relationship with you and to contact you for follow up purposes;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
- to verify and update personal information held by us; and
- for other purposes required or authorised by or under law, including purposes for which you have provided your express or implied consent.
If you provide your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number, you also consent to Sanitarium using your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number to contact you (including by telephone call, SMS and/or email) for any of the above purposes.
- To Whom May Sanitarium Disclose Personal Information?
In order to carry out the above purposes, Sanitarium may disclose personal information to our suppliers, contractors and agents to assist us in carrying out the above purposes such as Active Edge Promotions, SMC Events, Register Now, Supersport Images, Fastway Couriers and Kwik Kopy.
Your child’s first name and suburb may appear on the Event’s website located at https://tryathlon.com.au/ once they are registered.
Sanitarium is otherwise unlikely to disclose your personal information and your child’s personal information overseas.
We may also disclose your personal information if required to by law.
- Security of Personal Information
Sanitarium will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Your personal information and your child’s personal information are generally stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities in Australia and New Zealand.
Sanitarium will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information held by us. However, no guarantee can be given that information sent over the Internet is always 100% secure. Sending and receiving information over the Internet is at the user’s own risk, and Sanitarium does not accept responsibility for any consequences of unauthorised access to your or your child’s personal information.
- Access, Accuracy and Complaints
Please contact us if you would like to seek access to or request that we correct the personal information we hold about you or your child:
- by telephone: 1800 989 999
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your details and the subject line “Privacy”)
- by post: Customer Relations 1 Sanitarium drive, Berkeley Vale, NSW 2261
Sanitarium will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable, and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date. If your child is aged under 15 at the time of making the request, Sanitarium will generally, depending on the nature of your request, provide you with access to your child’s personal information if practicable, and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about your child which is inaccurate or out of date. If your child is aged 15 or over at the time of making the request, Sanitarium will generally not provide you with access to your child’s personal information or consider a correction request from you and will require your child to seek access to, or request correction of, their personal information themselves.
In some circumstances and in accordance with Australian privacy legislation, Sanitarium may not permit access to your personal information or your child’s personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information or your child’s personal information, in which case we will provide you or your child (as the case may be) with reasons for this decision.
If a fee will apply to compile the personal information requested, we will let you or your child (as the case may be) know this in advance.
If you or your child have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information or your child’s personal information has been collected or handled by Sanitarium, please advise us of the concern or complaint using our contact details above. The concern or complaint will be considered or investigated and we will respond as soon as practicable.
It is our intention to use our best endeavours to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you or your child are unhappy with our response, you or your child may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner who may investigate the complaint further.
- Sensitive Information
Sanitarium will not collect, hold, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted in the Australian privacy legislation.
- Clickstream data
Each time you visit the website our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server’s IP address.
Sanitarium may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits. We may use this information to evaluate and improve our website performance, marketing and related purposes.
A cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our website. The cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you or give us any information about your computer.
A cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our website and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the website. With most internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
- Links to Other Sites
Sanitarium may provide links to other sites. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we are not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information. We advise that you check the privacy policies on those sites.
- Specific consents
You consent to:
(a) Sanitarium using your child’s personal details including first name, and also image and photograph before, during and/or after the Event, for promotional, marketing, broadcasting, reporting or surveying purposes in any media worldwide, including but not limited to, for the purpose of promoting Sanitarium’s current and future events held in Australia and New Zealand; and
(b) Supersport Images including your child’s photographs and details on their website.
- Direct Marketing
From time to time, Sanitarium may contact you to provide you with information about other products and services offered by Sanitarium, event sponsors or other service providers who have a relationship with Sanitarium, that Sanitarium considers may be of interest to you or your child. When Sanitarium contacts you, it may be via mail, phone, facsimile, email and/or SMS.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing materials from Sanitarium, please contact us:
- by telephone: 1800 989 999
- by e-mail: email@example.com (please including your details and the subject line “Unsubscribe”)
- by post: Customer Relations 1 Sanitarium drive, Berkeley Vale, NSW 2261
If we’re unable to determine who you are, we make contact to obtain further details.
Prize and Competition Policies
Event Draw Terms and Conditions
Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon (SWKT) Event Draw
- Information on how to enter and the prize/s form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 6 to 15 years inclusive.
- Entrants must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion (or collecting or accepting any prize the subject of this promotion).
- The promotion commences on 8 October 2019 and entries close at 11.59 pm local time on the Online Closing Date specified in clause 5 below (“Promotional Period”) or when events sell out.
- To enter, individuals must:
(a) during the Promotional Period, visit https://tryathlon.com.au/, follow the prompts to the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon entry form, input the requested details (including registration) and make full payment to participate in a ‘Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon 2020’ series event (Registered Event); and
(b) attend the Registered Event on the date and location outlined in the table below (and check in to the event by the Check-in Closing Time specified below):
Individuals who register for an event after the Online Closing Date for that event, who do not attend their event, or who do not check in with the event organisers prior to their Event Check-in Closing Time will not be entered into the draw.
|Event Location||Check-in Closing Time and Event Date||Online Closing Date|
|Sydney Olympic Park – Cathy Freeman Park||8.00am
Sunday 2 February 2020
|Wednesday 29 January 2020|
Australian Institute of Sport, Bruce
Sunday 9 February 2020
|Wednesday 5 February 2020|
|Central Coast –
James Browne Oval, Woy Woy
Sunday16 February 2020
|Wednesday 12 February 2020|
Sunday 1 March 2020
|Wednesday 26 February 2020|
Catani Gardens, St Kilda
Sunday 8 March 2020
|Wednesday 4 March 2020|
Wordsworth Reserve, Inglewood
Sunday 22 March 2020
|Wednesday 18 March 2020|
Adelaide Aquatic Centre Parklands
Sunday 5 April 2020
|Wednesday 1 April 2020|
|Gold Coast –
Broadwater Parklands, Southport
Sunday 3 May 2020
|Wednesday 29 April 2020|
Pine Rivers Showground, Lawnton
Sunday 17 May 2020
|Wednesday 13 April 2020|
Pioneer Park, Thuringowa
Sunday 5 July 2020
|Wednesday 1 July 2020|
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. Winners’ parent or guardian, must upon request, supply suitable identification at the time that the Promoter delivers the prize.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place as described in the table below:
|TRYathlon Draw Event Location||TRYathlon Draw Date||Draw Time||Date Winner Notified in Writing||Publishing Date|
|Sydney Olympic Park – Cathy Freeman Park||
Sunday 2 February 2020
Tuesday 4 February 2020
|Monday 10 February 2020|
Australian Institute of Sport, Bruce
|Sunday 9 February 2020||
Tuesday 11 February 2020
|Monday 17 February 2020|
|Central Coast –
James Browne Oval, Woy Woy
Sunday 16 February 2020
|Tuesday 18 February 2020||Monday 24 February 2020|
|Sunday 1 March 2020||
|Tuesday 3 March 2020||Monday 9 March 2020|
Catani Gardens, St Kilda
|Sunday 8 March 2020||9.30am||Tuesday 10 March 2020||Monday 16 March 2020|
Wordsworth Reserve, Inglewood
|Sunday 22 March 2020||
|Tuesday 24 March 2020||Monday 30 March 2020|
Adelaide Aquatic Centre Parklands
|Sunday 6 April 2020||
|Tuesday 7 April 2020||Monday 13 April 2020|
|Gold Coast –
Broadwater Parklands, Southport
|Sunday 3 May 2020||
|Tuesday 5 May 2020||Monday 11 May 2020|
Pine Rivers Showground, Lawnton
|Sunday 17 May 2020||
|Tuesday 19 May 2020||Monday 25 May 2020|
Pioneer Park, Thuringowa
|Sunday 5 July 2020||
|Tuesday 7 July 2020||Monday 13 July 2020|
The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner/s will be announced at each event location before the completion of the event. The winner/s will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw date. The winner/s will be published online at www.tryathlon.com.au as set out in the table.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Draw Prize/s and how each is awarded:
(a) The first and second valid entry drawn will win the Major Prize, a TREK bike valued at up to $529.99; and
(b) The third valid entry drawn will win a Minor Prize, 1 x Scholastic Book pack valued at up to $200.00; and
(c) The fourth and fifth valid entry drawn will win a Minor Prize, 1 x ASICS prize pack consisting of 1 x 30 litre backpack, 1 x Visor, 1 x water bottle plus 1 pair of socks, valued at up to $100.00; and
(d) The sixth valid entry drawn will win a Minor Prize, 1 x Maped Creativ Prize pack valued at up to $79.84; and
(e) The seventh and eighth valid entry drawn will win a Minor Prize, 1 x Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon prize pack consisting of 1 of each of the following items; back sack, towel, soccer ball, basketball, rugby ball, netball, trucker cap, water bottle and hacky-sack, valued at up to $97.00;
being a prize value of $1,733.82 for each location and a total prize value of $17,338.20 for the promotion.
- If more than one (1) prize is to be awarded, the prizes will be awarded in descending order of value.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- Total prize pool value is $15,729.80, which is comprised of the following:
- total prize value in New South Wales of $5,201.46;
- total prize value in Victoria of $1,733.82;
- total prize value in the ACT of $1,733.82;
- total prize value in Western Australia of $1,733.82;
- total prize value in South Australia of $1,733.82; and
- total prize value in Queensland of $5,201.46.
- Prize/s, or any unused portion of a prize, are/is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for the prize/s if unclaimed may take place on 7 September 2020 at Australian Health & Nutrition Association Limited trading as Sanitarium Health Food Company, 1 Sanitarium Drive, Berkeley Vale NSW 2261 at 3 PM AEST, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. In the case of a winner, they will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw (i.e 9 September 2020). The winner/s will be published at www.tryathlon.com.au from 11 September 2020.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Act) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- Any cost associated with accessing https://tryathlon.com.au/ is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- The Promoter is Australian Health & Nutrition Association Limited trading as Sanitarium Health Food Company (ABN 63 096 452 872) of 1 Sanitarium Drive, Berkeley Vale, NSW, 2261. Phone number: 1800 673 392.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/38542